Protection

I’m in a house looking out a glass window or am I in the front yard looking at locate? I think it’s  in the yard. There is a possum, bloated and frozen, in mid run beside a flowering bush that has lost all its bloom and foliage. Is the possum frozen in fear? Or is it dead?  Or stuffed? Beside the possum is a gazelle in mid run equally frozen. And to the side of the gazelle,  lying on its belly with a paw outstretched in front of the low gate barring the exit, there is a mountain lion or puma or some large cat of similar coloring. Equally frozen. I wonder, “Are they dead?” and then I think what could kill a possum, a gazelle  and a lion? 

The lion  begins to move slowly. As it does I see children crouched in hiding on the other side of the lion all within the gate. I see their fear and I want to help them. Their eyes are wide and they look desperate. I am in the house now looking out of them. Did I move? Was it always in the house? I don’t know but I run out the front door. Just as they begin to hurry towards side doors for a way in. I catch up to them but because I’ve come out the house I can’t unlock the doors from outside to let them. I know the scene in the front is back in full swing. I don’t know what happens to the gazelle or possum but I know the lion is waking. And I have to find a way in to the house the children need safe harbor. And I must protect the children.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

polarity